May 5, 2011 by Jen
I spent the morning doing final proofreading of my thesis in preparation for submitting it to the library. Given my current level of over-saturation with the contents of said thesis, I wasn’t looking forward to it.
However, just a fifteen minute drive away, the entire process was salvaged by the beauty of a certain small town, where…
- You can mark time by the older man jogging laps around the town square while rapping along with his iPod.
- There are park benches shaded by crape myrtle trees in the perfect blend of sun and shade.
- There’s a handy brick wall for foot propping.
- Coffee shops have porches and rocking chairs.
- It’s quiet enough to hear the birds.
- On the crosswalk, you’re in as much danger from passing bicycles as from cars.
- Said coffee shop is a short walk from said square/park.
- There are noon bells!
- Even proofing my thesis was somehow peaceful (or soporific, take your pick…)
C’est si bon.