Do you ever have those days when you just feel incompetent, no matter how many things you do well?
Symptoms of one of those days:
- Failing to check off one of the two items on your to-do list
- Being late to a tutoring session
- Spilling tea on your pants
- Handing the wrong exact change to a cashier
- Opening a box of Christmas ornaments too quickly and spraying glitter all over your face
- Hitting yourself in the face when slamming (palming, Allen Iverson-style) the lid of an industrial recycling bin
- Jamming the tape dispenser five times in a row
- Getting a hand cart stuck on the door sill, ramming it into your shin, then running over your foot with it
- Tossing empty boxes toward the recycling area, only to have the wind pick them up and fling them all over the parking lot
- Dropping handfuls of neatly stacked papers all over the floor
- Having to look up the terms “hand cart,” “door sill,” “palming,” and “recycling bin” because your brain refuses to think of them on its own
All purely hypothetical, of course.